Protecting your personal details on our website
The Website is brought to you by DividendMax Ltd. DividendMax Ltd. believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018 and the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or products (as applicable). You can normally do this by ticking a box on an application form or contract. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at the address below.
Some of the Personal Data we hold about you may be 'sensitive personal data' within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
The General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR" gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we are happy to offer transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of access - the right to be informed of, and request access to, the personal data we process about you;
- Right to rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to object - the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to data portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
In order to enable you to learn more about these rights, exercise these rights with ease, and record your preferences in relation to how we use your personal data, we provide the following resources:
Notification Settings (accessed via your account page) - allows you to choose which communications you receive from DividendMax. You may toggle these settings to opt in or out of receiving different types of email.
Customer Support resources - We have information on our customer support site which provides further guidance about data protection questions.
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the ‘Contact Us’ form on the website. If you have concerns around our processing of your personal data, we hope you will continue to work with us to resolve them. However, you can also contact and have the right to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen) or your local Data Protection Authority.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
- From you when you contact us with an inquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time. We may do this by automatic means using a scoring system, which uses the Personal Data you have provided and/or any information we hold about you and Personal Data from third party agencies (including credit reference agencies).
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
- We, and other companies in our group, may carry out credit and fraud prevention checks with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
- If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
- If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain and with which we record information about you, please write to our Data Protection Manager at DividendMax Ltd., at the Company Address.
- Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- If you communicate with us using the Internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us Personal Data through the Website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by email. You can also always send us an email (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
- Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
Turning Off Cookies in Different Browsers
- If you want to disable cookies in your experience of our site, the Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. Note that most of the features of the website will not function properly without them.
- Mobile Identifiers: On your mobile device, your operating system may provide you with options to opt out of interest-based advertising or to otherwise reset your mobile identifiers. For example, you may use the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your app usage for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
- The Website may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
- The DividendMax Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. Our service is also not offered to children whose age makes it illegal to process their personal data or requires parental consent for the processing of their personal data under the GDPR or other local law.
- We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the DividendMax Service, and do not provide any personal data to us.
- If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to DividendMax, please contact us using the ‘Contact Us’ form on the Help Center, and you may request exercise of your applicable rights.
- If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. This may require us to delete the DividendMax account for that child.
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at the address noted above. There may be a nominal charge of £10 to cover administrative costs.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address above to update your Personal Data.