The Experian Plc board has declared that a first interim dividend in respect of the year ending 31 March 2024 of 18.0 US cents per ordinary share will be paid on 2 February 2024 to shareholders on the register at the close of business on 5 January 2024. Unless shareholders elect by 5 January 2024 to receive US dollars, their dividends will be paid in pounds sterling at a rate per share calculated on the basis of the exchange rate from US dollars to pounds sterling on 12 January 2024.
Other financial highlights include:
- Good H1 progress. Q1 organic revenue growth was 5%, with Q2 organic revenue growth also at 5%, taking total revenue growth from ongoing activities to 5% at constant exchange rates and 6% at actual rates.
- Consumer Services organic revenue up 6%. They now serve 178 million free members, up 21 million year-on-year.
- B2B organic revenue growth of 4%. Superior data, new product performance and successful new business development drive growth.
- All regions contribute positively. Double-digit growth in Latin America, a good performance in North America, improvement in EMEA and Asia Pacific, and resilient growth in UK and Ireland.
- Benchmark EBIT from ongoing activities rose 6% to US$929m, with the Benchmark EBIT margin of 27.2%, up 20 basis points at constant currency and stable at actual exchange rates.
- Strong financial position. Net debt to EBITDA of 1.8x and low average interest rates, c.3%, on their Net debt due to their forward rate fixing programme.
- Good progress in EPS. Benchmark EPS up 8%, at constant and actual exchange rates. Basic EPS up 86%.
- Benchmark operating cash flow conversion of 77% in their seasonally weaker half of the year for cashflow.
- Statutory profit before tax of US$763m, up 48% (FY23: US$517m), due to revenue growth and reduced non-benchmark costs.