The DCC Plc Board has declared to pay an interim dividend of 63.04 pence per share, which represents a 5.0% increase on the prior year interim dividend of 60.04 pence per share. This dividend will be paid on 15 December 2023 to shareholders on the register at the close of business on 24 November 2023.
Other Financial Highlights:
· Group adjusted operating profit up 12.0% (12.2% on a constant currency basis) in the seasonally less significant first half of the year.
· Within the constant currency growth of 12.2%, organic growth was 4.4% driven by an excellent performance from DCC Energy and partially offset, as anticipated, by a decline in both DCC Healthcare and DCC Technology. M&A contributed 7.8% of the constant currency growth.
· Since their prior year Final Results in May 2023, DCC has committed approximately £310 million to new acquisitions in DCC Energy, including:
- As announced separately today, the synergistic acquisition of Progas for c.£140 million, a nationwide distributor of LPG in Germany, Europe's largest energy market; and
- The acquisition of five energy management and services businesses to further expand our offering in this high growth sector.
· DCC continues to expect that the year ending 31 March 2024 will be another year of operating profit growth in line with expectations, and continued development activity.