The Ninety One Board has recommended a final dividend of 6.7p per share. Of this, 4.3p per share represents 50% of profit after tax prior to the recognition of non-operating items and 2.4p per share represents after-tax earnings after ensuring that they have sufficient capital to meet current or expected changes in the regulatory capital requirements and investment needs, as well as a reasonable buffer to protect against fluctuations in those requirements.
Other financial highlights include:
- A year of significant headwinds.
- Solid financial performance, supported by cost discipline.
- Assets under management ("AUM") decreased by 10% to £129.3 billion, average AUM reduced by 3% to £134.9 billion.
- Net outflows of £10.6 billion.
- Competitive firm-wide investment performance with three-year outperformance at 71%.
- Profit before tax reduced by 20% to £212.6 million. Adjusted operating profit decreased by 10% to £206.9 million.
- Basic earnings per share decreased 19% to 18.2p and adjusted earnings per share decreased 10% to 17.3p.
- Strong balance sheet with no debt.