The Ashmore Group Board, taking into consideration the profit for the year, the substantial cash flows delivered, the strength of the balance sheet and the continued long-term growth opportunities available to Ashmore, has recommended a final dividend of 12.1 pence per share. The cost of the dividends paid and declared in respect of FY2021/22 is £118.2 million, which represents 54% of the Group's cash flows before dividends generated in the period.
If approved by shareholders, the dividend will be paid on 9 December 2022 to all shareholders on the register on 4 November 2022.
Other financial highlights include:
- Assets under management (AuM) of US$64.0 billion. Widespread risk aversion due to Ukraine war, inflation and higher rates globally contributed to net outflows of US$13.5 billion and negative investment performance of US$16.6 billion
- Adjusted net revenue of £257.2 million, 13% lower YoY, with net management fees of £243.5 million and performance fees of £4.5 million
- Continued strong cost management reduced adjusted operating costs by 7% YoY, delivering adjusted EBITDA of £164.3 million, adjusted EBITDA margin of 64% and operating cash flow of £184.9 million
- H2 market weakness resulted in £49.9 million unrealised mark-to-market loss on seed capital investments. Consequently, statutory profit before tax declined by 58% to £118.4 million
- Consistent balance sheet strength with approximately £800 million of capital resources including £542 million of cash