The Animalcare Group PLC Board is to declare an interim dividend of 2.0 pence per share, in line with 2020. The interim dividend will be paid on 19 November 2021 to shareholders whose names are on the Register of Members at close of business on 22 October 2021. The ordinary shares will become ex-dividend on 21 October 2021.
Other financial highlights include:
- Revenue increased 13.3% (14.2% at CER) to £39.1m compared to prior period (H1 2020: £34.5m) with sales growth particularly strong within Companion Animals
- Gross profit margin increased 2.6% to 54.6% compared to prior period (H1 2020: 52.0%), benefiting from a continued focus on brands with higher growth and margin potential
- Underlying EBITDA up 28.3% on the prior period to £8.5m, largely reflecting strong revenue growth coupled with higher margin sales mix
- Underlying basic EPS increased by 35.6% to 8.0 pence (H1 2020: 5.9 pence)
- Statutory profit before tax, incorporating non-underlying items was £0.8m (H1 2020: £0.8m), with reported basic EPS at 0.5 pence (H1 2020: 0.8 pence)
- Net debt further reduced by £3.5m to £10.1m as of 30 June 2021 supported by continued strong cash conversion. Net debt to underlying EBITDA leverage ratio reduced to approximately 0.7 times