In line with the Anglo American Group's established dividend policy to pay out 40% of underlying earnings, the Board has proposed a dividend of $1.71 per share (30 June 2020: $0.28 per share), equivalent to $2.1 billion (30 June 2020: $0.3 billion).
Other financial highlights include:
• Underlying EBITDA of $12.1 billion, driven by strong market demand and operational resilience
• Profit attributable to equity shareholders of $5.2 billion
• Net debt of $2.0 billion (0.1 x annualised underlying EBITDA), reflecting strong cash generation
• $4.1 billion shareholder return, reflecting capital discipline and commitment to return excess cash
◦ $2.0 billion additional return: $1.0 billion special dividend and $1.0 billion share buyback