IG Group announce a proposed final dividend of 30.24 pence per share will be paid on 21 October 2021 to those shareholders on the register at the close of business on 24 September 2021. This would represent a total FY21 dividend paid of 43.2 pence per share.
Other financial highlights include:
- A record performance across all key metrics in FY21:
- Net trading revenue up 31% to £853.4 million (FY20: £649.2 million). Excluding one-time hedging costs associated with the financing of the tastytrade acquisition, adjusted net trading revenue was £861.3 million
- Total active clients rose 31% to 313,300 (FY20: 239,600) and new clients onboarded rose 39% to 134,800 (FY20: 96,900). IG now services a substantially larger client base going into FY22
- New client retention rates remain comparable to historical averages, providing confidence that the larger client base is sustainable
- Profit before taxation up 52% to £450.3 million (FY20: £295.9 million), while adjusted profit before taxation up 61% to £477.8 million. Revenue outperformance and good cost control delivered positive operating leverage and an adjusted profit before tax margin of 55.5% (FY20: 45.6%)
- Maintained strong capital and liquidity positions that continued to support client growth, with regulatory capital resources of £860.7 million (31 May 2020: £675.5 million)