A first interim dividend of 1.175 pence per ordinary share will be paid by Carrs Group on 8 June 2021 to shareholders on the register on 30 April 2021. The ex-dividend date will be 29 April 2021.
An interim dividend of £2,079,551 (H1 2020: £1,034,348) that related to the period to 29 August 2020 was paid on 2 October 2020. This included the deferred first interim dividend that, under normal circumstances, would have been paid in May 2020. This was deferred due to the uncertainty associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. A final dividend of £2,310,612 (H1 2020: £2,310,140) in respect of the period to 29 August 2020 was paid on 15 January 2021.
Other financial highlights include:
- Initial business review complete following appointment of new CEO.
- Group now structured in three divisions: Speciality Agriculture (feed blocks, minerals, and trace element boluses, formerly Supplements), Agricultural Supplies (formerly UK Agriculture) and Engineering.
- Resilient business model despite COVID-19 and Brexit uncertainty - all agricultural stores and manufacturing facilities operational throughout.
- Strong performance from Speciality Agriculture and Agricultural Supplies.
- Engineering adversely impacted by low oil prices and travel restrictions in H1 but expected to be significantly better in H2. Order book now stands at £44m, increased by 19% since year end and order intake now improving.
- Business improvement programme initiated to simplify, standardise, and generate synergies between business units in each division.
- Reportable accident frequency rate reduced compared to last year and COVID-19 controls remain effective.