In line with the Group's established dividend policy to pay out 40% of underlying earnings, the Board has proposed a dividend of $0.72 per share (2019: $0.47 per share), bringing the total dividends paid and proposed in respect of 2020 to $1.00 per share (2019: $1.09 per share).
Other financial highlights include:
• Generated underlying EBITDA of $9.8 billion (2019: $10.0 billion)
• Profit attributable to equity shareholders of $2.1 billion (2019: $3.5 billion)
• Net debt* of $5.6 billion (0.6x underlying EBITDA), reflecting investment in growth, largely offset by H2 cash flow
• Investing in high quality growth, including Quellaveco (copper) and Woodsmith (low carbon fertiliser)
• Good progress towards exiting remaining thermal coal operations in South Africa
• Committed to 30% net GHG reduction by 2030 and carbon neutrality across operations by 2040