Subsequent to 30 June 2020, the M&G Board has declared an interim dividend for 2020 of 6.00 pence per ordinary share, an estimated £155m in total. The dividend is expected to be paid on 30 September 2020 and will be recorded as an appropriation of retained earnings in the financial statements at the time that it is paid.
Other financial highlights include:
- Adjusted operating profit of £309 million and IFRS profit after tax of £826 million
- Shareholder Solvency II coverage ratio of 164%, comfortably above risk appetite
- Assets under management and administration (AUMA) reduced to £339 billion, reflecting negative market movements in March
- £2.8 billion of net inflows into Institutional Asset Management and £0.8 billion of net inflows into Retail Savings, partially offsetting £7.7 billion of outflow from Retail Asset Management
- Completion of the acquisition of Ascentric scheduled for 1 September following FCA approval of change in control