The BAE Systems Board has recommended a final dividend of 13.8p for a total of 23.2p for the full year. Subject to shareholder approval at the May 2020 Annual General Meeting, the dividend will be paid on 1 June 2020 to holders of ordinary shares registered on 17 April 2020.
Other financial highlights include:
- Sales increased by £1.7bn, a 7% increase, excluding the impact of currency translation.
- Underlying EBITA increased to £2,117m, a 5% increase on a constant currency basis and excluding the impact of IFRS 16.
- Underlying earnings per share increased by 7% to 45.8p (excluding the one-off tax benefit).
- Operating business cash flow increased by £314m to £1,307m.
- Net debt decreased to £743m.
- Order intake of £18.4bn.
- Order backlog of £45.4bn.