The Brewin Dolphin Board are proposing a final dividend of 12.0p per share, to be approved at the 2020 AGM and to be paid on 12 February 2020 to shareholders on the register at the close of business on 10 January 2020 with an ex-dividend date of 9 January 2020.
Other financial highlights include:
- Total funds were £45.0bn, an increase of 5.1% (2018: £42.8bn).
- Discretionary funds of £40.1bn, including acquired funds of £0.3bn, (2018: £37.6bn) reflect continued organic growth and positive investment performance.
- Discretionary net funds inflows of £1.4bn (2018: £2.3bn) represent an annualised growth rate of 3.7% (2018: 6.8%).
- Profit before tax and adjusted items of £75.0m, 3.2% lower than 2018 (£77.5m) in-line with expectations.
- Statutory profit before tax of £62.6m, 8.6% lower than 2018 (£68.5m).
- Total income for the period increased by 3.1% to £339.1m (2018: £329.0m).
- Total costs of £265.7m excluding adjusted items (2018: £252.3m), 5.3% increase due to planned spending on growth initiatives and infrastructure projects.
- Adjusted1 earnings per share:
- Diluted earnings per share2 of 20.5p (2018: 21.7p).
- Basic earnings per share of 21.2p (2018: 22.5p).
- Statutory earnings per share:
- Diluted earnings per share of 16.6p (2018: 18.9p).
- Basic earnings per share of 17.0p (2018: 19.5p).