Direct Line increase dividend by 2.9%
Interim ordinary dividend of 7.2 pence per share has been declared.
With a strong capital position, solvency capital ratio of 180% (after the interim dividend) reflecting continued prudence given current political and economic uncertainties.They have grown their interim dividend by 2.9% and reiterate their 2019 financial targets of a combined operating ratio of 93% to 95%, normalised for weather, and operating expenses of less than £700 million.
Other financial highlights include:
- They grew direct own brands in-force policies by 2.0%, demonstrating our diversified portfolio and pricing capabilities in competitive markets. Total in-force policies reduced by 3.2% primarily as a result of partnership exits announced in 2017.
- Gross written premium was 2.2% lower. A reduction in Motor was partially offset by growth in Rescue and Commercial whilst Home own brands were stable, demonstrating our diversification.
- Operating expenses of £363.0 million were £16.1 million lower than H1 2018 and the lowest since H1 2015. H1 costs are typically higher than H2 due to timing of Flood Re levy payments. The Group remains on track to reduce operating expenses to less than £700 million in 2019.
- Combined operating ratio of 92.5% improved by 0.4 percentage points largely due to benign weather in the period. Adjusting for normal weather, the combined operating ratio was 94.6% (H1 2018: 90.7%), within the Group's medium-term target of 93% to 95%. The change in the Ogden discount rate to minus 0.25%7increased the combined operating ratio by 1.1 percentage points.
- Operating profit of £274.3 million was £31.2 million lower mainly due to the reversal of the exceptional Motor performance in the first half of 2018, the non-repeat of a gain on an own property sale and lower investment gains which were partially offset by lower weather claims costs and lower operating expenses.
GVC declare they will pay an interim dividend of 17.6p, reflecting an increase of 10% compared to last year, and in-line with the new policy of double-digit year-on-year increases.Read more
The Board has declared an interim dividend of 4.0 US cents per share in respect of the first half of 2019, down from 6.0 US cents. KAZ Minerals PLC, the parent company of the Group, is a non-trading investment holding company and derives its profits from dividends paid by subsidiary companies.Read more
The Marshalls board has declared an interim dividend of 4.70 pence (2018: 4.00 pence) per share, an increase of 18 per cent, reflecting the strong cash generation and the Group's continuing progressive dividend policy. The Board will continue to adhere to the Group's capital allocation policy and the policy of maintaining a 2 times dividend cover.Read more
Clarkson have increased their dividend by 1p per share to 25p per share. The Company has now delivered 16 years of consecutive dividend growth.Read more
The Board of Hargreaves Lansdown has declared a 2019 total ordinary dividend of 33.7 pence per share (2018: 32.2p), 5% ahead of last year. This is in line with EPS growth and maintains the ordinary dividend payout ratio at 65%. In addition, the Board has declared a special dividend of 8.3 pence per share (2018: 7.8p). The 2019 total dividend of 42.0 pence per share (2018: 40.0p) is up 5% and results in a total dividend payout ratio of 80.6% (2018: 80.6%). Subject to shareholder approval of the final dividend at the 2019 AGM, the final and special dividends will be paid on 18 October 2019 to all shareholders on the register at the close of business on 27 September 2019.Read more
Evraz has announced interim dividend for 2019 of US$508.17m (US$0.35 per share) has been declared, reflecting the Board's confidence in the Group's financial position and outlook.Read more
The Savills Board has declared an interim dividend of 4.95p per share (2018: 4.8p), supported by the performance of the Group's less transactional businesses. The interim dividend of 4.95p per share will be payable on 2 October 2019 to shareholders on the register on 5 September 2019.Read more
ContourGlobal have proposed quarterly dividend of USD 3.6901 cents per share, equivalent to $24.75 million, reflecting their commitment to 10% year on year dividend growth supported by ContourGlobal's strong and predictable cash flow generation.Read more
Arrow Global will pay a 4.4p interim dividend, an increase of 10% from the H1 2018 interim dividend of 4.0p. This is in line with the Group's policy to pay 50% of the previous year's final dividend.Read more