Hiscox increases its 2018 interim dividend by 5%
Hiscox 2018 interim results
· Strong growth in gross premiums written of 21%, with all segments contributing.
· Good underwriting drives improved combined ratio of 88%.
· Profit before tax up by 27% to $164 million with Hiscox Retail contributing over half.
· Reducing loss estimates for 2017 catastrophes drive increase in reserve releases to $154 million, reflecting our prudent approach to reserving.
· On track to exceed one million retail customers in 2018.
· We continue to see strong demand for our ILS funds and now have assets under management of $1.6 billion.
· Interim dividend up 5% to 13.25 cents.
Bronek Masojada, Chief Executive Officer, Hiscox Ltd, commented:
"It has been a good start to the year. Our investment across the business is driving strong profitable growth in all segments. We are on track to exceed one million retail customers in 2018."
Ashstead 2019 full-year resultsRead more
Shoe Zone 2018 final results
Workspace 2019 interim resultsRead more
Avon Rubber 2018 final resultsRead more
Adept technology 2019 interim resultsRead more
B&M European value retail 2019 interim resultsRead more
Land Securities 2018 interim resultsRead more