Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust plc
Interim Management Statement for the three months to 31 March 2012
The investment objective of Aberforth Smaller Companies Trust plc (ASCoT) is to achieve a net asset value total return (with dividends reinvested) greater than on the RBS Hoare Govett Smaller Companies Index (Excluding Investment Companies) (RBS HGSC (XIC)) over the long term.
Aberforth Partners LLP are contracted as the Investment Managers and Secretaries to the Company.
- During the 3 months to 31 March 2012, the Company's net asset value rose by 23.5%. By comparison, the Company's benchmark, RBS HGSC (XIC), rose by 18.1%. All figures are total returns.
- As at 31 March 2012, the share price was 644.50p, representing a discount of 15.1% to the net asset value.
- No shares were purchased for cancellation during the period under review. 96,138,792 ordinary shares remain in issue.
- At the Annual General Meeting held on 7 March 2012, shareholders voted in favour of all nine resolutions.
- A second interim dividend in respect of the year ended 31 December 2011 of 14.3p was paid on 24 February 2012.