· Net revenue up 16% and profit before tax, up 21% on H1 2016.
· Assets under administration at a record level, up 13% since 30 June 2016 to £70.0 billion.
· Net new business inflows of £2.34 billion for the six months (H1 2016: £2.77bn), down 22% in Q1 and up 10% in Q2 on an organic basis.*
· Continued growth in active client numbers, now 876,000, an increase of 40,000 since 30 June 2016 (H1 2016: 47,000 or 40,400 excluding acquired clients).
· Both client and asset retention remained strong at 94.7% and 93.5% (H1 2016: 94.5% and 93.9% respectively).
· Interim dividend up 10% to 8.60 pence per share (H1 2016: 7.8p)
"The diversified nature of the Hargreaves Lansdown business has enabled us to deliver significant growth in both revenue and profit. Despite macroeconomic uncertainties impacting investor confidence and net new business, clients continue to trust us with their money and benefit from our market-leading investment services. Mobile technology is a key part of our strategy and our new generation of iPhone and Android apps offer opportunities to further enhance our clients' mobile experience"