New business of £55.2m PVNBP in the period is 24.2% below H1 2013, as previously announced;
· IFRS profits increased by 8% over H1 2013 to £6.6m after tax;
· EEV earnings reduced to £5.5m from £9.5m in H1 2013 as a result of reduced new business flows;
· Following settlements of £0.5m in H1 2014 (H1 2013: £nil), writs outstanding against Hansard Europe reduced to £4.6m (H1 2013: £11.6m);
· The Group continues to improve Hansard OnLine to increase service levels for policyholders and intermediaries, and to implement new business initiatives;
· Increased interim dividend of 3.40p per share (H1 2013: 3.25p per share).